The following key tasks were accomplished in 2020-2021:
1) Completion of subject enrollment and procedures. 24 of 24 total subjects were enrolled with successful completion of all study procedures
2) Data analysis completed for the eye measures including:
- Optical coherence tomography based total retinal nerve fiber layer thickness; - Optical biometry; - Intraocular pressure; - Chorioretinal folds and thickness; - Refractive error; - Automated perimetry derived axial length; - Posterior globe flattening; - Eye movement measurements
3. Data analysis completed for the following brain measures:
- Near infrared spectroscopy derived cerebral blood volumes, arterial blood pulsatility
- MRI structural measures including lateral ventricular volumes, total brain volume
- MRI flow measures included CSF flow, cerebral arterial flow
- Transcranial doppler derived cerebral blood flow velocities and cerebral autoregulation
- cFLOW cerebral blood flow index
- Internal jugular vein cross sectional areas.
Several manuscripts are under preparation for posterior globe deformation, near infrared spectroscopy, internal jugular vein area, transcranial Doppler blood flow, and MRI brain.